Wednesday, June 11, 2008

He's Just 'off'

Jacob teacher today said he was just 'off' today. He didn't even play in the dirt. And for Jacob that is huge. She said he kept going over to the same table, with a truck, and watch the tires roll. She could not pull him out of his world.


That just makes me so sad, cause even with Autism you can usually pull him out. I so dont want to see the Autism win and take away his spirit. Days like this make me so sad for him. Autism WONT win! We can fight harder then it can....it seems he may of needed the Extended School Year, I just hope school deciding he didnt need it doesnt hurt him to bad.


Sorry...rough night. He acted the same way at home...and is now sleeping peacefully with his friends.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Hang in there trish. Sometimes they just have days where things are overwhelming for them. And they need to have their time. Jaxson is like this at times and I just give him his time. Hopefully he bounced back after his peaceful night.

Jessi

confusedmommyof3 said...

I can't even begin to image as a parent how that makes you feel....Big Hugs honey!!

Andrea "The H family" said...

Hey Trish..sorry it's taken me awhile to get to you. NO..fight it. I agree. I'm sure your all over the gluten/wheat free stuff but I wanted to plug in your ear if you haven't tried it. Big hugs.
I pray for Jacob intensely.