Monday, May 28, 2007

We are whispering here...


Very quietly I want to tell you all what has happened here in regards to Jacob in the past week.


Last week Jacob started getting dropped off at Daycare...and was NOT crying! After 2 weeks of hearing him cry every morning this was a huge blessing to Frank and I!


Last monday jacob got a new teacher! She's permanent in his room and her name is Brandie. So far she's doing great with him, she learned his feeds the first day! And is willing to go the extra mile with him. She sat near him while he fingerpainted the other day, so that he could sit in a regular seat and not his booster with straps!


On Thursday I bought some more baby food. Jacob get's 2-3 Jars a day of stage 2 though his tube. We water it down with water or formula. I was mixing some up for him at night and had some on the spoon. Said "ready, Set..." and he opened his mouth for it!! He took 6 bites off a spoon that time! That night at dinner he ate (by himself, with us refilling the spoon) a tablespoon or so of his fav cereal .. Cinnamon, rasin granolla.


This morning he ate about 10 mini animal crackers, and today at walmart I told him "anything you want, Just ask!" he pointed out a box of cinnamon graham cracker sticks, he at (NOTHING ON HIS SHIRT!) 7 of them in the store! At the end of each one i'd say "are you done?" he'd shake his head YES! I'd ask if he wanted more, he'd sign more and reach for the box!




Remember we're whispering this! He's come close to the point before only to backslide to NOTHING...so we're cautious to say the best. But I wanted to let you all know!



1 comment:

Andrea "The H family" said...

Whisper...Whisper...Whisper!
Thanks for visiting my blog...Can I put your blog as one of my friends?? WTG JACOB!!